Monday, December 5, 2011

A DIY acorn wreath and some firsts

This last week Kinley and I went over to my mom's house and picked up a bucket full of acorns. Kinley loves acorns. She brings them home from school all the time. I find them in her pockets and she "cooks" them in her kitchen, counts them, throws them, puts them in her teapot or a bowl, dumps them out and puts them back in again. I am not sure why the fascination with acorns but, she does love them. My parents house has a plethora of acorns because of all the huge oak trees in their yard. So, I knew there was some kind of project I could do with acorns. I decided on an acorn wreath for my front door.
Kinley and Honey loaded up a huge bucket full. The project was so simple.
find some acorns, spray paint them white, wrap a styrofoam wreath form in ribbon and hot glue the acorns on...and done.
IMG_8806
I love the imperfections in the acorns show up more when they are painted white.
IMG_8811
IMG_8808
IMG_8809
IMG_8807

Also, today has been a day of a few firsts....
Ty mastered the bumbo
photo-97
photo-93
Ty also wore head to toe camo for the first time....a VERY proud day for Ben
photo-94

And if THAT wasn't impressive enough....Kinley ASKED for a ponytail and a bow in her hair!!!!!! Definitely a first and SO much fun. She was excited to show it to Eden at lunch.
photo-96
photo-95
Also, they were too cute laughing and pretending to practice for their Christmas program on Thursday. Kinley has been motioning and singing these songs nonstop but, I can't really tell how it is all going to come together. They did it with the motions and very cute before this...which of course I did not get on video. Oh goodnees...with these two...I can't wait to see how the real thing turns out. Ha!
Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I love the wreath and the camo!! Is that the camo outfit I got Ty? Maybe that's why it's so cute ;)! Can't wait to see yall in a couple of weeks!! XOXOXO

kristen said...

i love it!! i love the ponytail and the bumbo and the camo! i love it!

Allison said...

That video is so so cute! They are the sweetest friends! I love seeing them laugh with each other. I am so excited Kinley wanted a ponytail! Ella will love that!