Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kinley's Half-Birthday

Today was Kinley's half birthday. I can't believe she is 6 months old. I am getting so sentimental today that time is flying by so fast. I mean, she is already half-way through 1 of her 18 years at home with us....1/36th of her childhood is already past. I just can't believe it. We wanted to make today special so I made a special T-shirt for Kinley, saw some of her favorite people and went to dinner as a family. I can't imagine our lives without her. She is so beautiful and funny and sweet and I am so thankful for every day with her.
Kinley got some 'half-used' clothes from Avery, Ben and Sawyer
and she will be the best-dressed girl around!
We had a "half-day" meal (aka - lunch) with Jen and Eden.

Honey came over to bring a couple new presents for her half- birthday :-)
And at half-past 7 (or some say 7:30) we went out to eat as a family.
This face is hilarious...
I loved making Kinley her 1/2 shirt...so much fun...the iron-on fabric and puff paint was inspired from the good ole Spirit Sister overalls we had to wear in high-school.....not sure why I had those since Kristen and I were kicked out pretty much right away for lack of participation....but, at least I learned something :-)
The finished product!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the shirt!! I was waiting for pictures! Happy half-birthday Kinley!
Great finally meeting you guys in person, instead of just blog stalking...now I can stalk and not feel creepy! :)

Unknown said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Kin! Getting more beautiful by the day!

Allison said...

I love this post! What a fun day of 1/2 celebrations! Happy half bday Kinley! Can't wait to celebrate the big one year soon!!!!

kristen said...

i just love this!! the shirt is sooooooooo cute and she looks so old!!!! i cant believe its already been 6 mo!! wish we were there with her!! so fantastic!!!

Lindy said...

What a big girl! Holy Cow! Can we please see you guys soon???

Camila said...

Awww! Happy Half Birthday Kinley! I can't believe how fast the time is going! You MUST send me step by step instructions for making a shirt like this! I totally want to make one for Winlon! (Very manly of course though...)