Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ladybug Birthday Party

Saturday was cousin Aubrey's 2nd birthday party! It was ladybug theme and I have been anticipating this for a while now! Kinley got this amazing ladybug-like skirt for her birthday from Natalie and I have been saving it since then for THIS occasion! Of course, to dress the theme,I had to make Kinley a ladybug shirt to go with it. I screen printed the ladybug using the freezer paper method. It was my first time doing 2 colors with this method...but, for one t-shirt it was SO easy and I loved it!
ladybug outfit
ladybug shirt

Last weekend I helped Kristy with some party brainstorming and a trip to Hobby Lobby. Kristy had a fabulous vision of red and black candy favors, red and black clothes for all the guests and ladybug decor, including turning her house into a garden with oversized flowers and ladybugs everywhere! We made an adorable "Happy Birthday" banner, started on the cute antenna headbands, and I helped her design the water bottle labels, table labels, and birthday sticker labels. Kristy had all the ideas in her head and it was so fun to see them come to life on Saturday!
IMG_2818
Kinley is really excited for the party
IMG_2821
IMG_2820
IMG_2822
IMG_2824
IMG_2826
IMG_2823
IMG_2825
For Aubrey's party they requested that in lieu of gifts we bring donations for The Warm Place. They set up this cute picket fence to hold the donations. I just love this sentiment!
IMG_2835
Fondant ladybugs on delicious grass icing cupcakes were so cute..and delicious!
IMG_2845
We played pin the dot on the ladybug...
IMG_2841
IMG_2842
IMG_2838
..and put a bow on cousin Luke...look for his western 1st birthday party post after this weekend!
Picnik collage
IMG_2844
Happy Birthday sweet Aubrey girl!

6 comments:

Jan said...

LOVE IT ALL!!!

kristen said...

that is so fantastic!! and so original! love it and love the shirt! kinley looks gorgeous as usual.

Allison said...

I have been checking for this post! I LOVE the ladybug shirt! It turned out so so cute and the skirt is just perfect! Aubreys dress is so cute, what a beautiful little ladybug birthday girl! I love the party favor table, kinda wish I had a bag of those fly away treats right now:)

Cary said...

I hate that we missed this. Everything looked fantastic! I'm sure everyone had a blast :)

Honey said...

Everything was precious! Aubrey and Kinley are both cute little lady bugs! And Luke would make a beautiful little girl.

Nina said...

How precious! I love the Ladybug theme!