Monday, September 20, 2010

Matt's Ring Day and a College T-Shirt Dress

This weekend Ben and I went down to College Station to see an Aggie football game and celebrate Matt getting his Aggie Ring! Uncle Alex and Aunt Mendy kept Kinley....I think all went well and they are all recovered now. 24 hours with a baby that isn't your own is tough, even if it is your niece! But, they were SUPER sweet about it all and I think they had a good time.

Of course, since I was heading to Aggieland and to a hot, hot football game, I had to make an A&M T-shirt dress! I am aware that this makes me look like I am trying to be in college still but, I have always wanted to make one and it beat spending $65 to buy one like this or even $50 for one like this. Instead, I used an old t-shirt I had and 1 yard of black jersey knit fabric from Hobby Lobby for $2.40 to make my dress! My dad showed up in the same T-shirt that I made my dress out of...so, we were twins! Love it!
Picnik collage
Matt will be graduating in May with a Finance degree and is Class of 2011. We are so proud of him! He is so smart and fun, a great friend to everyone, and just a blast to be around. He is such a sweet brother and was so excited that we came down to celebrate with him. We missed our other Aggie siblings, Bart & Olivia, but, it was a blast to be there with some of our family and celebrate with Matt! Uncle Ben and Brooke and her friend Rachel came down for the game too. They got a quick glimpse into college life and some Aggie traditions!
IMG_2972
Aggie Ring Pics
The game was not stellar on behalf of the football team but, we won, our seats were awesome and I always love a flyover and the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band! If you haven't been to a game in Kyle Field....it is quite and experience!
Picnik collage
After the game, Matt took part in the Aggie tradition of dunking his ring. This is a time-honored tradition at A&M for seniors who get their class ring.
Picnik collage
IMG_3014
IMG_3003
It was a fun day in College Station and we hope we can get back again this year!

9 comments:

Allison said...

AMAZING! You are amazing!!! I can't believe you made that dress! Well actually I can believe it! It is SO cute! You look so cute in it! I bet a million people asked you where you got it! You could sell those! See you soon! woohoo!

Allison said...

wow. just read my comment back and got annoyed with all my explanation points. I went overboard:) I just really got excited about your dress I guess.

Cheryl said...

I love your dress, what a good idea. Looks likes fun, Matt was no slacker with his time, must of been practicing for it!!
I hadn't seen the before and after pictures of the lake house, you and Mendy did beautiful job. I can't wait to see it in person.

Honey said...

It was a fun evening...so glad you and Ben could come.

The Payne's said...

I love your dress!

Jan said...

Looks like a blast! Thanks for sharing. Love you.

Nina said...

I love it! I think Allison is right you could totally sell those...you look super cute in it too :) Miss you friend!

Anonymous said...

I've just stumbled onto your blog and adore all the pics from your family's football game outing. I'm most interested in how you made your tshirt dress, have been tinkering with the measurements and how to come up with a pattern. You make it sound so easy, and yours is the best fitting and cutest one I've seen. I would be happy to pay you for a pattern or your how to tips, really would love to make one for my freshman for the football games. Thanks for any advice or help you can give!!

Sadie Derstein said...

I am a student at K-State and I want to make one of these dresses! Can you help me out? Thank you!!! I just LOVE yours!