Friday, July 29, 2011

Picture Frame Re-Purposing with a Great Helper

When we were projecting for Kinley's Big Girl room, I decided to repurpose some picture frames that we had around the house.

I had this fabulous yellow and white striped frame that I got at Canton one time. I love the yellow and white stripes but, I thought that horizontal yellows stripes would not look great against the vertical pink stripes so, we painted it white. Kinley was a great help. She loves when I have painting projects.
IMG_7445
IMG_7447
IMG_7448
IMG_7449
IMG_7451
We left the yellow middle trim and then I sanded it down to distress it a little. I love how it turned out in her wall collage.
IMG_7450
IMG_7471
We did pretty much the same thing to this overly pink frame. I loved the pink sparkly and structural center but there was just too much pink! This one is on her dresser.
IMG_7457
IMG_7479

Our last frame project I did for Ty's room. I bought these graphic prints from The Little Rice on Etsy a couple weeks ago. They are super simple and I wish I had just made them myself because it is just a black clip art image printed on dictionary paper. But, I don't really have an aged dictionary in great shape just hanging around...so, I am happy with the purchases!
IMG_7521
I decided I wanted to hang them in Ty's room but since everything in there is white and brown so far I thought I needed a pop of color. So, I went to Hobby Lobby and got some custom mats cut in a chocolate brown. Then I bought some standard, boring frames and decided to spray paint them. I primed them with a spray primer first and then sprayed them with Krylon Satin Pistachio.
IMG_7500
IMG_7501
IMG_7519
I think the finished product turned out great and I can't wait to hang them in his room!
IMG_7585
IMG_7587
IMG_7584
IMG_7588
IMG_7589

2 comments:

Allison said...

those prints for Ty's room are fantastic! I love all these!

kristen said...

i love everything! love the exhibit and that big girl! love the frames and the prints too!