Saturday, March 12, 2011

Two-Two Birthday Invite

I can't believe that Kinley turns 2 this month! It is crazy to me that two years have gone by already. In some ways it feels like she was born yesterday and in others I feel like I don't know what my life was like without her. I am so excited to celebrate with her! She knows she is turning 2 and we are working on the fingers but, we aren't quite there yet.

I decided on a theme of Tutu's and ties...but, I am calling it "Two-Twos and Ties"...because I am so totally clever like that I got the idea from a friend. I am excited about the theme because of the dress-up opportunity for guests and giveaways, etc. But, I was not getting too motivated to start planning! It is crazy...by this time last year I had already been making kinley's felt house for her 1 year birthday present, painting cardboard letter cutouts and cutting out tons of paper alphabets for her K is for Kinley party. So, I knew I had to get going and I started with the invitation.

This year I decided to make my own invite to save a little money and because it is something I have really loved doing for some other events. The idea of the party is to have the little girls of the party wear tutus and the little boys of the party wear ties. We may even get some adult tutus and ties also...who knows!
Screen shot 2011-03-12 at 2.06.27 PM
I wanted to include a picture or an image of a tutu and a tie on the invite but, I couldn't find one that I really liked online. So, I printed off some pics that I kind of liked but, didn't like the colors. Then I traced them in a thin sharpie on plain printer paper and scanned them back into my computer as pictures. Then I could manipulate them and size them as I wanted to. I also added the number 2 on the tutu image and decided on green and pink the color scheme.
Picnik collage
For a little something extra, I printed the two-two image surrounded by pink and green polka dots onto sticker paper and cut them out to use as envelope sealers for the invites.
IMG_5008
IMG_5015
I am pretty happy with how they turned out and it has put me in the party planning mood! More posts to come!
IMG_5011

6 comments:

jennifer said...

these invites are adorable! you girls are all so creative, it's just fun to see what new ideas y'all will come up with each year!

Gram said...

I can't believe our little sweatheart is turning two!!'
Great job on the invitations, I love them. Looking forward to the party!

kristen said...

amazing!! amazing. love them

Camila said...

We were so excited to get ours in the mail and are so sad we can't be there to celebrate with ya'll! I know it will be great!

Natalie said...

I can't decide which tie to buy Luke!! We are so excited! Does this mean Jeff gets to wear a tutu?

Jamie said...

oh my goodness! i don't have a girl but i always said that when i do and she turns 2 this is the theme im doing! ha!! great minds think alike! i can't wait to see everything!