Friday, October 28, 2011

World Series - Game 6

To say that last night was an emotional roller coaster is an understatement. I truly have never been so on the edge of my seat for any television event in my lifetime. Hoping for a world series clenching win last night, we had some family over to watch the game. We tend to have the masses over to our house because we are the only ones with kids and it is easier to have everyone here and be able to put Kinley and Ty to bed when they need to. The entirety of our house was on pins and needles the whole night and with every lead turned tie ballgame the mood shifted. The mood shifted from pure elation to total buzzkill over the 4 1/2 hour game.

During the day I prepped for the game by changing the Surprise Pumpkin Treats that I have been wanting to make into Rice Krispie Baseballs!
IMG_8356
It was really easy and fun! All you do is make regular rice krispie treats, shape them into balls, put a peanut butter cup inside, and squeeze on some red icing on top. I think they turned out pretty cute for the game and definitely turned out delicious! I totally recommend them.
IMG_8353
IMG_8357
IMG_8359
The true excitement of the evening was found on our backporch. I guess sometime around the 5th inning, the boys started to one-by-one make their way outside. It was cold outside and they were enjoying the weather and some adult beverages while watching the game through our back windows. It was like the walls and roof of our house were too confining for the amount of anxiousness that they all had. They would start screaming and cheering one minute, shouting in anger the next, or just stand in silence when it was too much to bear. It was pretty hilarious.
IMG_8365
IMG_8368
IMG_8366
The girls and babies pretty much stayed inside...for some reason, I don't have any pics of Mom, Kinley or Katie! During the extra innings all I could do was clean the kitchen. I kept hand washing and wiping down counters trying not to be sick in nervous anticipation.
IMG_8377
IMG_8376
IMG_8362
Then when we would hear the boys scream again outside, Mendy would run out with the camera and try to capture some reactions.
IMG_8373
IMG_8370
IMG_8369
Overall, it was thrilling baseball and such a fun night! I feel like I need to post these pictures today, before game 7 and the mood shifts again. Right now, we all still have hope for our Rangers. We will see what Game 7 holds!

2 comments:

Camila said...

Oooh I will have to try those rice krispie balls. They look so cute!
Sean dubbed this past weekend the worst sports weekend of all time. So sad!

kristen said...

i love those balls! love them! and you are the prettiest person in the world. that pic of you and ben is gorgeous. so gorgeous.