Monday, November 14, 2011

School Pictures and Pilgrim Hat Cookies

Sorry for the lack of posts lately but, I have a few fun things coming at you this week. For now, I will just leave you with these adorable school pictures of Kinley that I just got in the mail. I mean, when did she get to be such a big girl!? There is no baby in her at all. She is all 'kid' now and it makes me a little sad. Time flies so, so fast. I can't believe they got her to pose with her hands on her hips!
SCAN0049
SCAN0050
Speaking of school, tomorrow is November snack day for Kinley and about 8pm tonight I decided that she MUST take these Marshmallow Pilgrim Hat cookies.
IMG_8588
Mine are nothing to brag about. I never really got the consistency of the melted chocolate chips creamy enough to just dip the marshmallows in so I ended up having to paint on the chocolate really and they are lumpy and not smooth at all. Also, my yellow icing is a little pale for the buckles. But, I think the 2 year olds in her class with get where I was going with it...and more than anything they taste delicious (alot like smores) so that should go over well.
IMG_8585

Marshmallow Pilgrim Hats
Recipie below from here

Ingredients
24 chocolate-striped shortbread cookies
12-ounce package of chocolate chips
24 marshmallows
tube of yellow decorators' frosting

Instructions
1. Set the chocolate-striped cookies stripes down on a wax-paper-covered tray, spacing them well apart.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave or double boiler.
3. One at a time, stick a wooden toothpick into a marshmallow, dip the marshmallow into the melted chocolate, and promptly center it atop a cookie.
4. Using a second toothpick to lightly hold down the marshmallow, carefully pull out the first toothpick.
5. Chill the hats until the chocolate sets, then pipe a yellow decorators' frosting buckle on the front of each hat.

2 comments:

kristen said...

that is the CUTEST picture with her hands on her hips!! kinley you are SO BIG!!! oh my gosh! I love it! and i love the cookies..im so making them for my thanksgiving playdate!

Allison said...

I would like one of Kinley's school pictures please and one of Ty in his turkey shirt. Cutest kids ever!