Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Turkey Shirts 2011

Is it obvious that I love to make shirts for pretty much every occasion?! Well, Thanksgiving is no different because I am pretty much obsessed with turkey shirts. I made this one for Kinley last year and did not want to do the exact same thing again this year. I thought I could resist the temptation but, once I saw this pattern on The Cottage Home, I decided to give in.
It really was so easy......

iron some scraps on interfacing
IMG_8546
trace and cut out the pattern
IMG_8548
arrange on a shirt / onesie and iron in place
IMG_8551
sew around the turkey body and feathers
IMG_8552
and last but not least, hand sew some eyes, a beak, and some little turkey legs
IMG_8554
IMG_8556
Kinley was pretty excited about her turkey shirt
IMG_8558
IMG_8560
IMG_8562
And please ignore the obnoxious amount of pictures of Ty I am posting below....I just can't help myself.
IMG_8565
IMG_8567
IMG_8569
IMG_8571
IMG_8572
IMG_8573
Are you guys making Thanksgiving Shirts this year?

4 comments:

kristen said...

I LOVE THESE!!! I LOVE THEM!! oh my gosh those kids are too freakin cute and those shirts look so professional!! i want some for my kids!! you are amazing amazing amazing!

Game said...

Just darling, you are amazing! Kinley is so cute in shirt, and what beautiful pictures of Ty. I need copies, they are just great!

Allison said...

Holy cuteness!!! The shirts are adorable and I can't get enough of baby Ty! That smile just melts my heart.

Lisa R. said...

You inspired me. I made one for my nephew, Nolan. This will be his first Thanksgiving. I will send pictures later. Such a cute idea!