Saturday, September 2, 2017

Dylan - 3rd Birthday

Dylan is THREE. 
My sweet babiest of babies is not so baby anymore. 
 He is a big boy three year old. 
Of course, he is still in his crib (that he has been able to crawl out of for well over a year) and still has a paci(I want to say only in his bed at night, but that would be a straight up lie). 

But, other than that, there is nothing baby about this kid anymore. 
His birthday was on a Saturday and we had the best long morning at home. 
We had donuts for breakfast and opened presents. 
His big gift was yet, another power wheels car. 
This one is a blue dune buggy that he can drive a friend around in. 
 He was in heaven. 
If it has wheels, he loves it. 
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled 

We threw out a last minute invite to the family to go to Honey & Boss' for swimming and cake that day and most everyone could come! 
 So much fun! 
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled 

 That evening Honey & Boss wanted to take the grandkids to the SMU game and they had the time of their lives. 
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled 

 This is Dylan's first year to do the Birthday Questionnaire and I just love all his answers: 

1. What is your favorite color? Black 
2. What is your favorite toy? My car 
3. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberry 
4. What is your favorite tv show? Rocket Ship (Little Einsteins) 
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Soup & Salad (from Panera Bread...he shares with mom) 
6. What is your favorite outfit? cowboy boots
 7. What is your favorite game? hide & seek monster
8. What is your favorite snack? Fruit Snacks 
9. What is your favorite animal? horsey
10. What is your favorite song? Petes Dragon (i.e. "Nobody Knows" by the Lumineers)
11. What is your favorite book? Steam Train, Dream Train
12. Who is your best friend? Anson and Ryder
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios 
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? drive my car
15. What is your favorite drink? lemonade
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas 
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? paci, blankie and shakey bear
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? waffle
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?chicken nuggets, french fries, lemonade and chickfila sauce
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? a strong guy

Stats from your joint well-check with brother: 
Height - 39 inches (over 75 percentile) 
Weight - 31 pounds (20th percentile)

I love these cute pictures of you and Dr. Scott.
 Ty birthday Ty birthday 
Dylan Lee, you are nothing but a joy. 
You are seriously so sweet and make every day fun. 
 You are my best little buddy and I absolutely love having you by my side every moment. 
 You melt the heart of anyone around and your beautiful eyes and sweet smile are just too much to handle sometimes.
 I LOVE to listen to you talk. 
I pull out that paci every second I get and just ask you questions so I can hear you talk. 

 You think you are so big. 
You think you can do anything and everything Kinley and Ty can do. 
And you are pretty much right. 
 You are fearless and will try anything.
 You will jump off anything, drive anything, ride anything, try anything. 

 You love all sports but your favorite right now are basketball, golf and soccer. 

You LOVE your daddy. 
You want to ride on his shoulders or be held by him any second you can. 
And you want to sit in his lap and drive anything you can...his truck, a boat, jet ski, tractor, lawn mower, anything with a steering wheel that moves. 

And you LOVE your Honey. 
 If there is anyone who gives me a run for my money, its Honey. 
There isn't a school day that goes by that you don't ask if she can pick you up. 
 If you haven't seen her in a couple of days, you are begging to go see her. 

 You love to laugh and have the cutest laugh at Kinley and Ty's jokes and physical humor. 
You love to be tickled and you love LOTS of kisses. 

You want me to read to you and rock you and pray with you every night and you have started just holding my arm close to your chest while you are lying in bed and saying "Don't leave." 
It is just the sweetest. 
You love to wake up first thing in the morning and crawl into bed with me and just cuddle. 
If I am up already getting the big kids ready for school and we've missed cuddle time, you ask for it. 

You like to help me make my coffee every morning. 
You know how to work the keurig and love to pour in my stevia and cream and stir it all up. 
You love to crack eggs every morning and feed Haley and take care of the chickens. 

You don't nap anymore but you sleep like 12 hours a night. 
You "rest" during rest time by watching a show or a movie. 

Most of the time you want me to sit right by you and watch with you. 
I used to have naptime to do work in my office or get things done around the house and it is much tougher now 
but, I am not complaining. 
I know this stage won't last long and I want to enjoy every minute. 

 Every day with you is a gift and I thank God every day for letting me be your mom. 
 I learn so much from you 
about having joy in all circumstances, 
about trying things outside my comfort zone,
 about laughing and loving people, 
about making every person feel special and important. 

 You are such a JOY and I love you so much Dylan Lee.

No comments: