This was Ty's first time to go to grade school on his real birthday.
He woke up and we had candles in our cinnamon rolls and headed to school.
He got to be on the morning show for his birthday and Ben and I both went to watch.
Then we headed to his classroom to read a book to the class that we donated to the library in his name.
I met him for lunch and we ate with one of his favorite girls, Samanatha, who also has the exact same birthday as Ty.
That night we had immediate family over for presents, pizza and cookie cake.
Statistics from your well-check with Dr. Scott:
Weight: 52.5 pounds (80th percentile)
Height: 49.25 inches (95th percentile)
You shot UP this well-check in height and as a result your BMI went from 85th to 50th percentile.
And if they rated on cuteness...you'd be off the charts :)
1. What is your favorite color? "Red, because Jesus' blood" (he really does say this right now)
2. What is your favorite toy? My Pokemon cards
3. What is your favorite fruit? granny smith apple
4. What is your favorite tv show? Catching Monsters (fishing show)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Chick-fil-A
6. What is your favorite outfit? Athletic clothes
7. What is your favorite game? Crazy 8's
8. What is your favorite snack? Fruit Snacks
9. What is your favorite animal?dog
10. What is your favorite song? Firework...Katy Perry
11. What is your favorite book? There was a Coyote who Swallowed a Flea
12. Who is your best friend? Ryland
13. What is your favorite cereal? Fruit Loops
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? zipline, basketball, ride my bike
15. What is your favorite drink? sprite
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas because Jesus' birthday
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Moses (his snake)
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cinnamon Rolls
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Breakfast for dinner
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A builder
You are my biggest boy, my greatest joy, and just one of my favorite people to be around.
You challenge me, you test my patience, and you melt my heart.
Sometimes all in the same hour.
You are the one who will randomly tell me "I love you so much Mom" or "You're the greatest mom in the world" or "you look so pretty mom" just out of the blue.
I love that dad and I can never leave the house or your room at night without you saying "Huggy and Kissy!"
You need that physical touch and affirmation. I will take it and give it as long as you will let me.
You are passionate and demand fairness at all times.
You like a plan, a clear goal, and are very self-motivated to accomplish it.
If the plan changes, or you aren't quickly acknowledged or rewarded as expected, you do not like it much.
When you get really worked up, the thing you need is physical touch.
If we take a minute to sit, just the two of us and talk or cuddle and just calm down, that helps the most.
That is also how you take instruction best.
If I get down on your level and look you right in the eyes, you are much more likely to obey quickly. It does not work well if I yell instructions across the room to you.
You love to aggravate your brother and sister. You love to intentionally push buttons and you definitely know how.
But, you have a sensitive heart.
If you have pushed the envelope too far, you say sorry and then feel pretty guilty that you weren't kind.
You cry when you hurt someone's feelings or when yours are hurt. Your heart is so sweet.
You set goals high and are driven to achieve them and will do almost anything until you do.
I love how you get really into random things, like Pokemon cards or the planets, or lincoln logs, or playing chess, or US geography, or fishing shows or anything depending on the week. Your thirst for learning and information is bottomless. We are constantly trying to keep you entertained and stimulated.
You love music too.
You constantly want music, LOUD music, playing in the car, in the kitchen, at home, or outside. You love to sing and have dance parties in the kitchen. And I love it so much.
You are so funny and you are quick witted and I sometimes catch you saying something so out of the blue I can't help but die laughing. And your physical comedy is hysterical too. We have to reign it in sometimes and tone your voice down countless times a day. But, its just one more thing that makes you, YOU.
You are a great friend.
You value your friendships so much and you are not one to just hang with whoever is loudest, or most flamboyant or popular. It has taken you a while in Kinder to figure out who your friends are. You are very careful in your choices.
But, when you find a friend, you are fierce and loyal and an encourager.
You also love your brother and sister so much. You fight like cats and dogs but you laugh harder with them than with anyone else too.
It is music to my ears.
Ty-Ty, you are my favorite biggest boy.
I love you to pieces, treasure you beyond belief and can't wait to see the good plans God has for you.
You are going to be mighty for His Kingdom one day.