Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

We spent Mother's Day weekend at the lake with just the immediate Harrison family.  It was such a fun, beautiful and relaxing weekend together. 
There is about half a foot of water under our dock now and that is huge for us over the last year. 
We wasted NO time getting out there to fish.
image image image image IMG_1362 image image image IMG_1363
Kinley and Minnie wasted no time making their favorite "chips & cheese."
image
It was so fun spending Mother's Day morning with Cheryl.
I am so thankful for her as a mother-in-law. 
She is such a shining example to me about how to be a "boy mom," supportive wife, and just a rock to a family.  I am glad we could celebrate her and give her some gifts Sunday morning.
 
IMG_1370
I felt pretty celebrated too. 
Ben bought me some flowers down at the lake that actually made it home.
IMG_1440
Ty planted me a flower at school that I am now trying to keep alive.
IMG_1436
Kinley made me this framed handprint and a card. 
I just love reading her responses.
IMG_1437 IMG_1438 IMG_1439

One of my favorite things that Kinley's class did was called "Mystery Moms." 
They had each kid in class draw a picture of their mom and describe them and they didn't say who drew or said what until the next school day.  It was hilarious to read and we spent lots of time reading all the responses about what kids said about their moms. 
I knew mine immediately. 
Kinley pretty much nailed it.
IMG_1314
IMG_1315
I am just blessed beyond belief with these two angels and one on the way.
 It is just unbelievable that God allows me to be their mommy.  I love how they continue to shape me as a person and as a mom with each passing day.
image
And I could not celebrate Mother's Day without spending some quality time with the best example of a mother I know Sunday night. 
Mom, you are truly an inspiration to me and so much of who I want to become as a mom, wife, sister, daughter and grandmother.  You pour your heart and soul into the people you love.  You are such a servant and give and give and give all you have. 
I am so thankful to live less than 1/2 a mile with you and learn from you daily. 
I am blessed to not just call you mom, but my best friend too. 
I love you!  Happy Mother's Day!
IMG_1387

No comments: