Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo

One of my absolute favorite things to do each year is go to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo. It is only a few weeks each winter and I just love seeing all the animals, eating at the Reata Backstage Club, and watching the Rodeo. This year I got to go twice in one week! Thursday night Mendy, Alex, Jordan and Tabby let me tag along as a 5th wheel to watch the Rodeo from a front row box seat! It was the closest I have ever been and dirt from the horses running around definitely was flung all over me and into my purse.
photo-22
Then, Saturday, Mendy, Alex and I went back with Ben, Franchesca, Ashley and Neil to the Stock Show and the Backstage Club for dinner. We all met at Franchesca's AMAZING apartment, which is off 7th street very close to the stock show. Her apartment is beautiful and SO cool! It is the shape of a pie and her balcony wraps all the way around the building. She is FAB at interior design and it is all just SO cute! And she has a fabulous view!
IMG_4788
IMG_4789
IMG_4790
IMG_4793
IMG_4796
IMG_4800
Alex...posing it up
IMG_4801
IMG_4803
IMG_4804
IMG_4809
We went to the trade show arena and got to do 2 of my FAVORITE things there...1) Eat a funnel cake and 2) watch the Miracle Blade demonstrator. Seriously, I get TOTALLY mesmerized by him every year. I want to stop and watch him cut tomatoes and potatoes for an hour. It is amazing.
IMG_4812
IMG_4850
IMG_4851
Funny Ashley Comment #1) - Neil "I want to get a beer." Ashley - "There's some beer...root...beer."
IMG_4848
Mendy & Alex fitting in at the Rodeo:
IMG_4847
Then we saw animals, animals and more animals at the stock show!
IMG_4840
IMG_4832
IMG_4834
IMG_4831
IMG_4830
IMG_4817
IMG_4815
Funny Ashley comment #2) I like the blue sheep.
IMG_4845
We ended the night at the Backstage Club where we all over-stuffed ourselves on delicious food! Can't wait until next year!
IMG_4852

1 comment:

Francesca said...

Linds!!! You are so sweet! What a nice post :) I love love the pictures! Such a fun night!! Let's do this again very soon!