Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving and a little bit of Christmas

This is a little delayed...but, we did have a wonderful thanksgiving! We spent all day at the Harrison's eating until we could not eat anymore and just hanging out. Kinley loved cooking with Gram and Ty just slept and smiled most of the day.
IMG_8665
IMG_8664
oh cheesy....
IMG_8662
IMG_8660
IMG_8659
IMG_8656

Friday we spent the afternoon and evening at my mom's for some Joyner Thanksgiving where lots more food was eaten.
IMG_8687
The boys stood outside manning the turkey on the green egg (it was amazing!) and watching football through the windows.
IMG_8677
IMG_8675
IMG_8684
The girls played spinners inside with one cute little boy. (Kinley was napping)
IMG_8682
IMG_8681
IMG_8667
IMG_8666
IMG_8671

Since then, we have been decorating the house for Christmas. Ben put up lights on the roof, in the freezing cold, 25 mile an hour wind the other day...maybe not our smartest decision. I tried to help the best I could but, Ty was cold...(yes, I did crop myself out of this picture because I looked disgusting...)
IMG_8688
but, Kinley loved helping...
IMG_8690
I have a couple of Christmas decor projects that I am going to work on this week but, so far I just downloaded this one really cool subway art print out and framed it for my mantle. I might copy the banner too...but, not sure if it might be too much for what I already have going on?
IMG_8711
IMG_8712
We haven't hung our stockings yet because I need to get another stocking hanger...but, I did get Ty's stocking from mom! Do you remember Kinley's? Well, mom busted out Ty's stocking in no time and it.is.amazing! Seriously, it is perfection. She makes it look so easy. Don't you think it is perfect for a boy!? I love these timeless stockings. I still have mine that Inie made me when I was a kid and I remember LOVING pulling it out at Christmastime every year. Such sweet memories.
IMG_8714
IMG_8715
IMG_8716
IMG_8717
Also, I got to put up this fantastic nativity scene that my dad brought back from Africa this summer. It is handmade and so adorable.
IMG_8704
I LOVE the sheep...
IMG_8705
and the wise men....
IMG_8707
and look at little holy-ghost-like baby Jesus. Kinley is sad that he is actually glued in there and won't come out.
IMG_8706
We also busted out our Christmas Countdown Blocks from last year....only 27 more days!
IMG_8708
And just for good measure...how about a couple of Ty pics in his adorable plaid shirt!
IMG_8694
IMG_8698
Can't wait for more Christmas!

5 comments:

jojo said...

What a fun time you all had for Thanksgiving! I have not seen Ty in so long. What a cute baby boy!! Yes Honey is amazing at making those stockings. That is the cutest stocking I have ever seen. Sweet memories!!

Camila said...

Grammy made Winlon the exact same stocking! We love it!!

kristen said...

so many things about this post
1. love the big boy in plaid oh my gosh.
2. does he have a dimple in the pic where he was in the bjorn??
3. kinley is such a big helper with the big tree!!
4. love the pic of her and gram.
5. love turkey shirts again
6. love katies hair so shiny and dark.
7. love you. and ben putting up the lights in the cold and wind..jeff took a three hour nap yesterday :)

Allison said...

haha! Kristens comment cracks me up! I can't get over baby Ty! I love all the holiday happenings going on in your house. Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Stacey said...

Hi! Can you please tell me where your Mom gets the stocking patterns? They are awesome and I have no idea where to go. Thanks - Stacey
mellgrenstacey@att.net