This update is almost 2 weeks late but, I wanted to wait until Ty's doctor appointment before posting. But, Ty is 4 months old! I cannot believe how fast the time flies. I know he will be a year old before I blink. I don't think I can say enough to my sweet boy what a wonderful baby he is. Even at his appointment, our pediatrician said "He is so smiley. If you have a baby this great...don't even jinx it by going for a third." Ha! I have no idea what God has planned for that...but, it is just a true testimony to how happy Ty is. His smile is ear to ear and can melt any heart in the room.
Height - 26 1/4 inches (70th percentile)
Weight - 16-1 lbs (60th percentile)
Head - 17 1/4 (80th percentile)
Overall, he is a much bigger baby than we are used to with Kinley!
A few things his 4th month entailed:
- Ty has found his hands and loves to chew on them. I swear he is teething...but, there are no signs of any teeth yet!
- He can grab almost anything with his hands...mostly his left hand at this point...who knows if that will change.
- He can roll over both ways - front to back and back to front
- He had his first Christmas and first long road trip to Colorado and was a total trooper
- He got sick for the first time...a little cold and congestion that he caught from his ever loving sweet big sis.
- If Ty is starting to get tired or the least bit fussy, if he sees Kinley it totally evaporates and he has smiles for miles. He is just totally in love with her.
- He is starting to eat more milk than I can produce. Such a sad dilemma for a mommy. I am totally not against formula feeding. I think it is awesome but, I just love being able to produce that milk for my babies and am sad when I can't just give them something they love. It is a stressful thing for me...which is totally bizarre and ridiculous...but,I have had to let it go. Ty has had about 3 bottles of formula up to this point and luckily he loves it! Our doctor told me yesterday that I should start to supplement with formula a little more so that when I decide to quit feeding him, he will like the taste! He told me I could just skip rice cereal all together and when he needs a supplement to just give formula instead until he is ready for vegetables. So, maybe I will try that and get a better eater in Ty than I had in Kinley.
- Sweet boy is not quite the sleeper he used to be. His nighttime schedule is now go to bed at 8-8:30 and wakes up around 1:30 and 5:00 to eat before waking up for good around 7:30. It is not too bad...but, I have no idea what it is like to have any child under 7 months sleep 12 hours straight. I apparently produce snackers and not eaters and I need to stretch his feedings out and get him to eat 6-7 ounces each time so that he will sleep all the way through the night.
Here are a few of my favorite pics from this month...starting with our little photo shoot.
serious concentration on that football...which is his fave toy right now...that crinkly paper stuff is a hit!
this is a pretty dark pic that I took one morning...but, this is what he wakes up like. I still swaddle him in the miracle blanket and he wakes up every morning with the biggest smile on his face like he can't wait to be unwrapped to start the day. If he ever wakes up from sleep crying...something is off.
some sweet sister pics...she wants to be near him constantly
he puts up with it like a pro
Some of my fav pics of Ty with my dad...my current phone background
a little blurry...but, still cute
Happy 4 month Ty-Ty. You are a precious angel of a boy and we love you more and more with each passing day!