Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Pom and Popcorn Baby Shower

Last week I had the privilege of co-hosting, with my SIL Olivia, a baby shower for our sweet friends Joe and Emily. They are happily expecting a baby boy, Isaac Ambrose, this spring and we were thrilled to give her a shower during the holidays while Olivia was in town.

Most of the baby showers I have attended, for some reason or another, have been for baby girls. So, I was not exactly sure what theme to go with for a boy. Emily and Joe do not have any specific nursery theme or colors. But, she did send me a swatch of fabric for her crib bedding.
Screen shot 2011-01-11 at 12.40.04 PM
So, I took it and ran with those colors and created this invite on my computer.
IMG_4219
I decided on a "Pom and Popcorn" shower. I wanted a twist on the traditional Martha Stewart tissue paper pom. They are normally very flowery and pink...but, to make it more boy-ish we cut the ends into points, rather than petals, and made them with bright and bold colors. We also made smaller poms and used them in an apothecary jar for a centerpiece and on my mantle with pics of Joe and Emily as babies.
IMG_4691
IMG_4688
IMG_4684
IMG_4223
I also designed a logo "Emily's about to Pop" and printed it on Avery Sticker Paper and cut them into circles for labels on the gourmet popcorn favors. (Cheddar Ranch and Chipotle Jalapeno...yummy!)
IMG_4205
IMG_4204
I also made a door hanger, water bottle labels, cookie toppers and food labels to coordinate with the invite.
IMG_4220
IMG_4216
IMG_4215
IMG_4211
IMG_4206
Mendy made the cake and coordinated with the colors and invite. She is so talented and it was a hit!
IMG_4230
IMG_4232
IMG_4241
My house was a little small to host the 35-40 people...but, we made do and even used some of Kinley's chairs.
IMG_4253
IMG_4249
IMG_4264
IMG_4247
Overall, the shower was a hit and we can't wait for baby Isaac!
IMG_4266

5 comments:

fromhousetohome said...

The shower pics are amazing!!! You and your peeps are so creative!!! How blessed the people who are in your life are to have you as a friend and family!!! Miss seeing y'all!!

kristen said...

amazing shower linds!! amazing!! I LOVE IT. you are so talented. seriously.

Nat said...

This is all so cute! Love the little popcorn bags! Wonderful idea! If you're in College Station sometime let me know! You and Mendy should come visit me soon!

Emily said...

SO much fun! Unless YOU plan his birthday parties, Isaac will never have a party as fun and creative as this one was.

You forgot to mention the amazing quilt you (and Ben) made! We love it!

Jan said...

You are just too much. This shower looked amazing. Emily is lucky to have you for her friend. I love you.