Thursday, August 10, 2017

Summer room switch

We made a big room switch this summer before Ty started Kindergarten. 
Kinley took his room (with the private bathroom but smaller closet) and Ty took Kinley's with the jack and jill bathroom with Dylan. 
We painted both rooms and Kinley wanted an entire turquoise room. 
 I talked her down to one accent wall and I think it turned out great. 
I really didn't know how the big wooden bed would go in a girly room but I think it turned out great!
Summer and birthday 
Every girl needs a good place to curl up with a book and read.  We love our teepee.
Summer and birthday 
Eventually the boys will share this room and Dylan's nursery will become a guest room or homework room or craft room or something.  We haven't made the big switch yet but, I feel it coming soon.  We painted over Kinley's purple room and gave the boys 2 accent navy walls and I am in love with it.
 Ben built bunk beds for the boys and they are amazing. 
I vaguely showed him an idea of what I liked but added headboards and a trundle to the plan and he knocked it out of the park. 
 I am so impressed by him.
 Summer and birthday 
I also convinced Ben that two boys sharing a room definitely needed two deer heads on their wall and these guys made a transition to above my desk in the office to a shining place of glory in the boys room.
 Summer and birthday 
The boys reading nook. 
 I still love these little floating shelves that Jeff made Ben and I when we got married they have made the transition to all our houses and now are in the boys room. 
Summer and birthday
We love a good room/ furniture switch around.
We will see how long this lasts.

No comments: