Tuesday, June 27, 2017

June - Dylan's hand injury, Bass Hall date with Kinley, vet visits and more

Dylan got a pretty bad burn on his fingers one night while I was cooking dinner. 
 It was just one of those moments. 
He was sitting at the bar stool at the island while I was cooking on the stove. 
 I had to transfer something from one pot into another pot and I told him "DO NOT touch this, it is very hot." 
And between the time I picked the pot up, and put it back down he put his fingers right on the burner. Aaaahhhhh! 
We quickly filled a bowl with ice water and that is the only way he could function for a good solid hour and a half. 
 If I took his hand out of the water for 10 seconds, poor baby screamed and was hurt pretty bad.
 More June 
 Ben was gone that night but so many people came to my rescue. 
Leslie had a prescription burn cream on hand and Donna was out running errands and swung by Leslie's house to bring it to my house along with ice cream for all my kids. 
I finally convinced Dylan to take his hand out of the water and dry it off so I could put the burn cream on it. 
I didn't really want to cover his fingers up but I also didn't want him to put the burn cream in his mouth and he couldn't stop putting his fingers in his mouth to soothe them, so I had to put bandaids on them. 
Once, I finally got the cream on and bandaids on each finger, Dylan would not let me move from this position. 
I had to hold him, and hold his hand on ice packs for hours until he finally passed out. 
 More June 
 I couldn't move to even put my big kids to bed. 
So, Uncle Alex to the rescue! 
I had to call Alex to come put them to bed for me. 
 He comforted them that Dylan would be ok and they went right to bed for Uncle Alex. 
 Seriously, I could NOT do life without my village.
 Not one single day. 
 So incredibly thankful. 
And, if you move within 2 miles (or one street of me) watch out, because I will never let you go. 
You just can't move away from my extremely strong grip. 
 The next day he was doing a little better.
 More June 

 Kinley and I had a mommy-daughter night at the Bass Hall to see Matilda. 
It was a show Ben didn't really have interest in seeing and Kinley was begging to go with me to see a show.
 More June 

 Eric took AG to the show with him too and we somehow ended up on the exact same row. 
These girls were excited!
 More June 

 It was such a fun night with my girl but, my eyes were opened again about just how sweet and sensitive Kinley's heart is during this show. 
 There is one scene in the show, right before intermission, where the headmistress of a boarding school is "punishing" a little boy for stealing a slice of her private stash of chocolate cake. 
 As punishment, she forces him to eat the entire cake and he basically gets sick from it. 
 That scene was just too much for Kinley. 
She hated seeing that little boy tortured by a teacher. 
He was physically ill watching him get sick. 
 Her stomach hurt and she didn't really want to go back in. 
 Fortunately, Lindsey, who had brought Maverick and Maddi, saw us at intermission and recounted to Kinley the second half of the show.  How the boy is ok, the show gets better, there wasn't any more scenes with the mean headmistress and how she gets whats coming to her in the end. 
  I wanted her to go back in and see the 2nd half so she didn't leave with that horrible feeling in her stomach. 
We did go in, and she felt a little better after but she couldn't stop thinking about that scene for days and every time she thought about it, she just felt sick to her stomach. 
Sweet girl has such a precious heart. 
 I feel like she is so big and then something like this happens and I remember, she is only 8. 
 I need to still treat her with loving care and protection for as long as she will let me. 
More June
We had to take Haley to the vet because her leg was acting up and while we were there the vet tech let all the kids listen to her heartbeat.
More June
More June More June


 Playdate with the Nordells in June one day.
Feeding the chickens some treats is always a favorite activity.
 More June 
These boys love to build anything
 More June

Took Cannon to the park one day...this swinging smile is TOO much
More June

Ryder's swim party...these two just sat and had their own pizza date for lunch...oblivious to a party taking place
More June More June

No comments: