Friday, December 11, 2015

Ty's Christmas Program and Party

Ty had his preschool Christmas party and program on the same day this year.  It was the first time they had ever done it like that.  As the room mom for his class, it was a crazy but really fun day! 

The program was first and, I kid you not, it was my favorite preschool program ever.  Ty's Christmas Program and Party
It was hilarious.
I did.not.stop laughing the entire time it was SO CUTE!
Ryland and Ty were right by each other with one sweet girl, Parker, in between them.  Poor tiny girl was totally blocked out the entire program by these big boys.

Watching Ryland's mind work from the audience was the BEST.
It was like he told himself from the beginning of the program that he was NOT going to sing, no matter what, no way, no how.
He was not going to sing a word or do one motion. He mostly just stood there with his eyes closed and hands together in front of him. Occasionally he would cover his ears. It was fantastic.
 So cute.
Ty's Christmas Program and Party Ty's Christmas Program and Party

 Meanwhile, on the other side of the stage, Sean Ryan was like the perfect child.
Dressed in his caddyshack Christmas pants, smiling up a storm, motioning and singing every single word.
Are you kidding me?
Ty's Christmas Program and Party
 Back to Ryland just taking a quick peek to see if we were still out there in the audience.
Ty's Christmas Program and Party
Uh oh, we were...
"If I can't see them, or hear them, then they are not there!"
Ty's Christmas Program and Party 
 Back to perfect Sean Ryan... 
Ty's Christmas Program and Party 
Now Ryland and Ty, what are you doing?? 
Ty's Christmas Program and Party 
And as if all that wasn't enough, I cant even prepare you for what happened next. 
Here is a quick synopsis video of the performance from the Ryland and Ty angle. 

If you dare, fast forward and watch at least from :45 to 1:05.
 Ty's Christmas Program 
And that was it.
 I've never been prouder. 
 But for real, he at least gave some decent effort to try to relieve his discomfort with a little leg movement before reaching straight down his pants for an "adjustment." 
BOYS! 
What on earth will I do with them!? 
 I admit I was PRAYING and motioning to him as much as possible to QUIT and to keep it in his pants and subsequently PRAISING THE LORD that he did. 
Whew! 
You're welcome for that. 

After that fantastic program was the class Christmas party. 
 I spent some time earlier in the week building all the graham cracker houses for the kids to decorate. 
Ty's Christmas Program and Party 
We totally lucked out and my friend, Nicole (Parker's mom) is a professional photographer so she took pics for our class party. 
Here is the set up of the tables.
Ty's Christmas Program and Party Ty's Christmas Program and Party 
 I had these amazing moms help me with set up between the Christmas Program and the party. 
Ty's Christmas Program and Party 
Loved some one on one time with my Big Boy! 
Ty's Christmas Program and Party Ty's Christmas Program and Party Ty's Christmas Program and Party Ty's Christmas Program and Party 
Stacee and Ryland 
Ty's Christmas Program and Party 
Ty showing off his house decorated with his name 
Ty's Christmas Program and Party 
Book exchange 
Ty's Christmas Program and Party
Overall, it was a fun day and one I will not ever forget! I don't know if another preschool program will ever top it.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I am crying from laughing so hard!!! I can't get over it! I am so glad you got that on video! OMG!!