Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Dylan - 4 months

I need to update for 4 months before we get to month 5! Where has the time gone?
Untitled
Dylan, I can't believe you are 4 months old! 
We had your 4 month doctor apt with Dr. Scott and you are plugging along.
You are 14 pounds and 50% in weight and height.
You are probably eating somewhere around 32oz of breastmilk a day and that's still all so far.
 I can't wait to see how you grow when we can get you feeling good and you start eating solid foods. We aren't going to try to start those quite yet. Probably around 6 months.
 
Things are not too much different from your three month update with regards to sleeping, eating, ear infections and reflux. It is all interrelated and we haven't got it figured out yet, but we are working through it. We found out at your appointment that you had another double ear infection. Dr. Scott admitted that we are probably headed toward tubes for you but you are still a little to small to have the procedure. So, for now, we fight it with antibiotics, ear drops, Tylenol, feeding more upright, and essential oils.
 
One thing you do a LOT of is drool. You are by far my drool-iest baby yet! You soak through multiple outfits a day. If I was a good mom, I would put a bib on you and just let you soak that instead of your clothes. But, I hate them. They are kind of annoying and just one more thing you pull up over your face and then you are drooling and can't breathe. So, we just change and wash clothes a lot.
 
Along the drooling lines, and as you can see in the picture above, you are obsessed with chewing on hands. Yours, mine, and anyone else's you can grab and then you are wet with more drool.
 
You are the smiliest baby though!  Even when you aren't feeling great you have a smile that can light up the room. Kinley and Ty do any and everything just to make you smile at them. But, they don't have to try very hard because if you just look at them you smile with the cutest tongue sticking out smile that you have.  It's adorable.  Ty calls it your "silly smile."
Untitled
 
You have spent a little time in your bumbo this month and you love your piano activity mat for playing.
 
You are reaching out and grabbing everything with your hands. Untitled Untitled
 
You are so close to rolling over all the time. You can do it..you just aren't interested. Dr. Scott was not concerned at all because he can tell you have great head control.
 
We've been spending some time up at the gym this month now that you can go to the infant room. I make reservations for you because they only take 4 non-walking babies at one time. You have done so, so well there! I usually send a bottle in case you get hungry or fussy but, they hardly ever need it. You love those girls and they give you non-stop attention and it's your dream. They know how to get you all relaxed and cuddled with your blanket in a swing and sometimes I just hate moving you because you are so content or asleep. I have never left you the full allotted 2 hour time limit though. Usually just an hour to do a group fitness class or something.
The rule is, when dad is with us, we get to stop at the café on the way out for a smoothie or treat. You are such a trooper.
Untitled
 
Here are just a few more pictures... These are at your 4 month check up. They are blurry but you are still cute even though we found out you had an ear infection. And it shows how much you love this blanket that Camila got you. It's your favorite and you love snuggling with it.
Untitled Untitled
 
We have gotten into the diapers from my diaper shower that people wrote on and some of them have just cracked me up when I am changing a diaper. Such a fun idea. It just proves that no matter how old you are, people laugh at bathroom jokes. I think its even more fun that I have no idea who wrote them.  We still haven't had to buy any diapers yet for you at all since being in 1s. I think we will make it to 6 months before we run out.
  You are currently in a size 2.
Untitled
"I'm Ron Burgandy"
Untitled
"never trust a fart"
Untitled
"Bullseye!"
 
You are a little spoiled with the attention you get and I am so fortunate that Kinley and Ty are so willing to hand it out. You spend time in your swing in my bathroom and that's how I shower and get ready and dry my hair and Kinley and Ty are usually right in there with us. They sit right in front of your swing and talk to you constantly. They put your paci back in if it falls out...which it does all the time because you smile at them and it falls out. You talk right back to them and it is the cutest.
 
You are so, so ticklish under your chin. It is adorable. In the shower or when I am changing your clothes or just wiping the milk from under your chin you just burst out in a laugh and it's my favorite.
 
I love cuddling with you more than anything and am in no hurry at all to get you into your own room on the other side of the house. Your smile melts me and makes any worry or tiredness I feel just go away. You wake up in the morning with the sweetest smile and I just don't ever want to miss it.
 
Dylan, you bring us so, so much joy. We all work hard to make sure you feel as good as possible just to keep that happy, joyful boy around as much as we can. You are social and giggly and so much fun. I am overwhelmed with the blessing that you and your brother and sister are to me and your dad. It is more than I can stand sometimes.
 I love you so much!
  Untitled

No comments: