Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Playgroup Service Day

I am going to play catch up here for a few posts. One of my goals for the new year is to be more consistent about blogging (and to try to use my camera more and not just my phone).
 
One thing I didn't blog in December that I just can't leave out was our Playgroup Christmas party.
 
We started the day at Donna's and had a pizza party and cupcakes with a Happy Birthday Jesus theme. We also decided to nix any kid gift exchanging or party favors. We wanted this day to truly be about service and the true meaning of Christmas.
 
Instead, we decided to visit one of the assisted living homes that Stacee does physical therapy at and give away these precious door hangers that we made in preparation for the day. IMG_3179
It was truly amazing to see the joy that these kids had in giving gifts and that their joy was received tenfold by those living in the home. These precious toddlers brought life into that building and it was so fun to be witness to. IMG_3185 IMG_3190 IMG_3187 IMG_3188 IMG_3194 IMG_3199 IMG_3204 IMG_3205 IMG_3198
We all LOVED it and had such an amazing time.  Why don't we do this with every holiday!?  I mean, Valentines favors and Halloween treats!!?  Maybe we will :)

3 comments:

Camila said...

This is so sweet! I love it!

Jan said...

Amazing! I love it too.

Allison said...

what a sweet sweet thing to do! I love this so much!