Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter 7.2

Yesterday was such a fun day! It was my sweet brother, Matt's, birthday! He is 23 now...so crazy. He is such an amazing guy. He is adventurous and kind and loving, so funny, has such an incredible heart for God and mission work. He is an incredible uncle to Kinley. She just LOVES Matt Matt so much and is always so excited to see him even if she hasn't seen him in a while. We started the night at Joe T. Garcias for Matt's birthday dinner.
IMG_7287
Last night was the ALSO the midnight premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2. I had bought tickets with Jen over a month ago but at the last minute we ended up having 3 extra tickets so Matt and his friends Matthew and Austin went with us as part of his birthday present. Matt loves Harry Potter as much as me (maybe more) and as soon as he found out he was going to get to go to Harry Potter they watched 4 movies within 24 hours preparing for it. He also downloaded Part 1 of the 7th movie to watch in the theatre while we waited for Part 2 to start.

This was my first midnight movie premiere to go to and I don't think it can ever be beat. All 17 theaters were showing back to back Harry Potter movies last night (some were starting at 3:30AM!). So thats 34 movies all completely sold out. We were there 2 hours early to get in line to get seats..but, even then we were already too late and they had already opened the theatre and we had to sit on the 2nd row! Such a rookie move on my part! But, we got there as soon as we could after Matt's birthday dinner.

I don't know how I walked away from the movie without a picture of Matt, Austin and Matthew....It is crazy. But, I think it had something to do with all the costumes that were there. Most of these are pics of complete strangers...but, they did love getting their picture taken too.
IMG_7301
These cute guys voluntarily stopped and posed without request...so cute.
IMG_7295
IMG_7289
How cute is this family!?
IMG_7288
And I am loving this Luna Lovegood, Beatrix Lestrange, and Professor Snape....We concluded he really could have been the real Professor Snape. He had the whole demeanor and body language down!
IMG_7290
We did know a few people there. Compass high school students were definitely represented!
IMG_7296Thanks Makenzie for going with us and I love Landon's tiny lightning bolt.
IMG_7299
I also was loving all the homemade T-shirts. This is NO WHERE NEAR the amount of T-shirts...there were hundreds.
IMG_7294
IMG_7298
But, of course NONE could beat the shirts Allison made Jen and I. She busted out a couple more of her Harry Potter 7.2 shirts in Gryffindor colors for us that were designed over at kojodesigns. I just LOVE them. The front is the fantastic HP 7.2 logo and the back is a list of the 7 horcruxes (non-HP lovers...can pretty much ignore this and just move on).
IMG_7285
IMG_7286
IMG_7292IMG_7300
My first midnight movie premiere was SO much fun! Now, I just need to take a nap today.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Oh my gosh! What a fun night! I love all the crazy costumes people had on. Makes me wish I knew a little something about Harry Potter. You and Jen look beautiful in the shirts! Love the colors! And happy late birthday to Matt!

Olivia Howe said...

I LOVE IT!! Wish I could have been there. That T-shirt is cracking me up. Too cute! Where can I get one? I dragged Bart to the movie the next day but I just don't think its the same :)

kristen said...

i LOVE IT!! you are so freakin gorgeous!!! this post and the newest one! you cant even tell you are preggo at all! and i love that kinley's cheese face is back!